Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My Bros and Their Sis

Last Thursday, my brother Franz started junior year of high school. He is using my old Latin textbook, with all of my translations written in the margins (something for which he has already thanked me profusely) . This summer he learned to drive a stick shift, something I don't even really know how to do.

Tomorrow my brother Aloysius flies off to Rome to study abroad for three and a half months. He's beginning his junior year of college. I'm a little afraid, as he's already informed me that he wants to hitchhike to Munich for Oktoberfest. Nevermind that he could easily afford a bus or train ticket. That's just Al.

And so, as he prepares to leave and Franz reminisces with me via text abouthigh school teachers we shared, I keep thinking how much time flies. My baby brothers are getting so grown up...which means I'm even older. However cliché this sounds, it really does seem like just yesterday that we were all kids, putting on plays in the basement, fighting over what movie to watch, playing basketball in the alley.

Which leads me to the same question that pops up with me every day. Where is life going to take me next? What is my next step?

No comments: