Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The ABCs of Mateja

THE ABCs OF MATEJA

A - ADVOCATE FOR: Good grammar

B - BEST FEATURE: My ability to listen

C - COULD DO WITHOUT: My lazy left eye, body hair, and the self-doubt

D - DREAMS & DESIRES: To live a good life -- to be important to others in a George Bailey way -- to meet Nikki Sixx -- to get my butt back to graduate school soon -- to make a difference -- to see Africa

E - ESSENTIAL ITEMS: chapstick, hair tie

F - FAVORITE PASTIME: Reading in a cozy spot, doing costuming projects, learning a new piece of music

G - GOOD AT: Memorizing things, driving directions, sight-singing and sight-reading music, listening, communicating, sentimentality

H - HAVE NEVER TRIED: Therapy (the counselor I saw a few times in college doesn't really count), bungee jumping, skydiving, surfing...

I - IF I HAD A MILLION DOLLARS: Pay off my credit card and car, put some away for a home down payment, and invest. Oh--I'd also "blow" a little and travel to Iceland, Hawaii, Thailand, and all over Africa.

J - JUNKIE FOR: Good 'n' Plentys, Oreos, Fruit Runts, Nerds. I'm seven.

K - KINDRED SPIRIT: More and more, I think my Dad is one. I don't know of anyone else right now who I'd put in that category. Maybe that's why I've been feeling so empty of late...

L - LITTLE KNOWN FACT: I had scarlet fever as a kid. No joke.

M - MEMORABLE MOMENT: Junior year of college when I opened the envelope which contained a letter telling me I had been chosen out of about 300 applicants to be one of 25 2005 Orientation Leaders for Santa Clara University. I screamed, jumped up and down, cried....another was when I was cast in Kiss Me Kate sophomore year of college. Same reaction.

N - NEVER AGAIN WILL I: Waste a travel opportunity.

O - OCCASIONAL INDULGENCE: DVDs.

P - PROFESSION: Music teacher/office assistant

Q - QUOTE: something from Victor Frankl's Man's Search for Meaning

R - REASON TO SMILE: Only 45 minutes left here at work.

S - SORRY ABOUT: Not being in school right now. Not being there for my mom more when she was dying.

T - TAG SOME FRIENDS: Huh?

U - UNINTERESTED IN: American Idol, Dancing With the Stars, most TV shows (exceptions are LOST and The Office)

V - VERY SCARED OF: Failure. Fear itself. Something bad happening to a loved one.

W - WORST HABIT: Not finishing things I start. Too quick to apologize/take the blame

X - X MARKS MY IDEAL VACATION SPOT: Star Island, Minnesota

Y - YUMMIEST DESSERT: Cookies 'n' Cream ice cream, moon cake, sorbets, creme brulee....

Z - ZODIAC SIGN: Virgo

WHAT ARE THE ABC’S OF YOU?

No comments: