Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Halloween and other things

I'm looking forward to Halloween this year, because last year I didn't dress up or do anything. I've been feeling down the last few weeks (last week was better, this week even better, hope things stay on the upswing for a while) so I need some things to feel good about. Recitals went very well this past Saturday. I am very proud of my students (and myself)!

My Halloween costume is making me nervous and excited. I am going as Kat Von D from LA Ink. I have all of the supplies I need: big belt, "fake tattoo" shirt, huge earrings and huge sunglasses. I also got bright red lipstick and dark black eyeliner, and..a can of that "spray-on" hair dye.

...Yeah let's stop for a minute and discuss this hair dye. Saturday night I sprayed a little bit on a small chunk of hair. This was in the bathroom. I touched my finger to the hair. Finger had a small amount of black dye on it. I touched my finger to the counter area. There was a little bit of black. I reached for some toilet paper to wipe it away, wetting it first.

.......the black dye ended up EVERYWHERE in the bathroom. All over in and around the sink, or my toiletry stuff, my contact lens case, ALL over the floor....it was disgusting. And the stuff on my hair also smudged my face. All from this little tiny bit, I am not kidding. It somehow took on a life of its own and through some sort of sick cellular mitosis invaded my bathroom. As the black mess grew I went from pieces of toilet paper to paper towels to a kitchen sponge....it took about 20 minutes to contain this mutant life form.

I'm looking forward to Disneyland on Friday....

I'm freaking out right now. Because I've had a bunch of coffee and when I have that much coffee, I get anxious. And well....I'm anxious because I'm thinking of not going to rehearsal today. Now we get three absences (a LOT) per quarter, I have not used any yet, I have attended every rehearsal so far--six or seven--there are only six or seven "regular time" rehearsals left--but I keep thinking, what if I'm too tired NEXT week? I can't miss two weeks in a row!! AAAUUUUGH. I'm a freak, man.

No comments: